Monday, September 29, 2008

Thinking about you often

Grandma,

I just wanted to remind you that you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Sister Nancy Samons is always asking about you. We saw each other at the women's conference and I decided to take a picture of her to share with you. Her companion is very nice and they make a great team. It's so nice to have relatives so close.



I feel so lucky to have you as my Grandma. I love you so much.
What great times we had at your place swimming, feeding the ducks, eating grits and eggs, playing dolls, picking out jewelry, having picnics, and playing skip-bow & Phase 10.

You have lived such a great life. I love watching your DVD and listening to you fully describe your life time memories while rocking. And if I didn’t mention before, I am amazed at how well you capture your childhood memories. The way you tell stories makes it come alive. If I’m ever having a rough day, I just need to listen to your DVD and realize what a sliver my trials are compared to the many adversities you’ve faced.

I will always remember the special moments we had with you in Kirtland, Ohio. You bore such a strong testimony in the School of the Prophets, making the spirit resonate inside. I will be eternally grateful for a Grandma who accepted the gospel, making it possible for us to be born in the True and Living Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I know that Heavenly Father will not let you suffer more then you are able and that He is watching over you night and day.
….as much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day. (Alma 38:5)

Thanks for being such a wonderful Grandma full of love, compassion, faith, courage, and sweet spirit. I love you so much and wish I could be there to visit.

Liz

No comments: