Just the two of us, Helen and I had a fun time together in Florida earlier this year. We were at The Vinoy in St. Petersburg, "living like the rich and famous for a day," as Helen said. It was at my enthusiastic insistence that we try, and I asked, "Why not!?" Our darling Helen was pensive but game, "Why not!?"After a great night's rest in our unbelievable surroundings, it is Helen's great company that is always such a great joy to me! She asked me to pull up a chair to this window. Always eager to share her great adventures, while she enjoyed this view, she called her girls for her update on her latest adventure.
In 2007 Helen came south for a few weeks where we went to the music festival and Tybee Beach, among our daily "moseying" about. One event was chamber music in one of Savannah's oldest churches. The only seats available were in the loft. We slowly climbed the stairs, both of us huffing and puffing! There Helen sat the first few minutes listening to music, enjoying the beautiful architecture, only to pull out her postcards and begin writing to friends and family ... right in the middle, again, of her own adventure. Helen, think about this great salt air on Tybee Beach where we were breathing deeply in through our nose and blowing out from our mouth.
And, oh the joy of azaleas in the south! Helen, remember this photo at Parniece's house? And the great low country boil at Keith and Kandi's house?
I'm so sorry that you've been bummed up and happy to hear you're figthing to recover. I'm here cheering you on, hoping for the best in this latest "tune up" you're getting!
By the way, I've submitted your darling Christmas Eve story to the Savannah Magazine. Won't it be such fun if your heart-warming family story is published, yet again!
Hum in your mind that "Laughing Place" song from Song of the South. I've got the DVD for you and will be sending today. On this 15 minute radio spot (1946) ... about 8 minutes into it is "Everybody Has A Laughing Place,"
http://www.songofthesouth.net/movie/audio/index.html.
Isn't it fun that this little clip begins cheerfully, "How do you do?!" which is what I'd say if I were there. Keep smiling. All of my family send their love. I love you! Sandra

No comments:
Post a Comment