Friday, September 18, 2009
Missing Mom
We went to Lake Powell with all my children and grandchildren for a week. The only one missing was Mark who had started a new job the beginning of the summer and didn't feel he could leave. You may not have known, but Mom and Dad went to Lake Powell with us and camped out. Mom was lots of fun. Her favorite thing however, which won't surprise you, was finding tumbleweeds to burn at night around the campfire. Well, she had a wall of tumbleweeds almost as tall as she was. They would crackle and pop and she was in Heaven. Funny I said that, now she really is in heaven. We didn't find near the tumbleweeds on this trip, but as we did burn them I couldn't help but see her in my minds eye. I miss her so at times. As I was playing with my grandchildren I was very conscious of trying to really play with them like my mother would do with my children. She had such a wonderful ability to just become one with the kids. I've learned much from my mother, and find I continue to reflect and learn even now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment