Thursday, May 7, 2009

In the stars...

So, I was looking through a fun book of mine called, The Secret Language of Birthdays. This book gives a description of the type of person born on each day of the year. Each day includes a title for the individual born that day as well as a more detailed description of their personality, a list of other well known people born on that day, possible health issues, advice, a meditation, etc.

It's just a fun book to thumb through and read about friends' and familys' birth dates....what sounds right or wrong. When I was looking through it, I stopped on Grandma's birthday, December 2. First, the title of the day is, "The Day of Larger-than-Life." That immediately caught my attention because if we all know anything, it's that grandma was truely larger than life. Some of the highlights from the description are: "Those born on December 2 are possessed of tremendous spirit. No matter how small their physical frame, they will exert an influence on their surroundings far beyond what one might expect on first meeting them. It is only when seen in action that they really shine. So magical is their effect that those involved with them may sometimes feel as if they've been hit with a bolo punch. Those born on this day are keen evaluators , true judges of honesty and integrity. December 2 people not only display a strong character but also practically worship it in those they respect. December 2 people are not ones to follow like sheep but nonetheless can be swept along by a powerful personality or a cause which appeals to their ideals. A basic faith in humankind is characteristic of those born on this day. Often, December 2 people see life as a struggle in which they must emerge the victor. However, what they are fighting for is not necessarily their personal welfare but the survival of certain basic human values, as they see it. Along with character and faith, integrity also rates high with them." Finally, the mediation for this day reads: "True greatness may be found in the humblest of places."

I am not saying it means anything, but I do find it interesting that so much of it rang true, at least from my perspective.

Grandma was definitely a woman of character, honesty and integrity.

Love to you all,
Polly

2 comments:

Alecia Williams said...

Polly,
Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us. I am sitting here in tears. I can't think of a better descriptor than that for our dear grandma. It's almost like the writers secretly knew her.

It is nice to be reminded of her. I dream about her all the time. I am still waiting for a visit.

Thanks for taking the time to share these two posts. What an amazing woman...you both are!!

Lots of love,
Alecia

Teresa McCormack Flegal said...

That sure rings true of mother. Fun of you to share. She remains larger than life in my book.