Thursday, March 5, 2009

Messages for Grandma...

I thought everyone might want to read some of the notes that people left for the family on Deseret News.com under the obituary for Grandma. Some are really neat! Here is a link, but I don't know how much longer it will last, so I copied and pasted!


March 01, 2009
To Helen's Family;
I am so sorry to hear of Helen's death. I and my family knew her many years ago when we lived in the "low country". My brother, John, was with Wick when he died in the airplane crash. I saw Helen at a high school reunion in Bluffton and I met Wick's sister for the first time two years ago when my husband and I visited a school mate who lives in Bluffton. I remember well three beautiful little girls who had a beautiful mother.
My thoughts are with you.
God bless you.
~
Patricia Barbieri Gainey,
Williston, South Carolina


February 18, 2009
Melanie my friend, I'm more sadden then you know that I wasn't able to hug you and talk to you and your family. I loved your mother and will always have great memories from Mornarch Way. I feel blessed to have spent time with all of you and hope to say in touch. eaduncan4@yahoo.com
~
Beth Ann Barlow-Duncan,
Sandy, Utah


February 18, 2009
HI girls. First, I want to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your mother, aunt Helen. But I want all of you to know of the impact she and Adrian had on the life of my wife (Kay) and I. We feel the time we spent with them in Utah helped us on the path to being closer to our "Heavenly Father". She meant so much to me, and I will miss her, dearly. I love you all.

Wayman Shuman
Brooklet, Georgia
~
Wayman Shuman,
Brooklet, Georgia



February 18, 2009
Aunt Helen will surely be missed. She touched our hearts and had more of an inpact in our lives than she will ever know. We love all you girls!
~
Kay Shuman,
Brooklet, Georgia

February 16, 2009
My love to the family of Aunt Helen. I appreciate the opportunity to have known her, it was an honor. She taught us what was important in life, family!
~
Lynn McCormack-Forbes,
Evans, Georgia


February 15, 2009
If Helen's history is written, it will be a great read! Loved her colorful stories, especially of her childhood in the South.... singing and walking around the turkeys to put them to sleep!
xo
pam and verdi
~
pam white,
mesa, Arizona


February 14, 2009
We just wanted to let you know that we are thinking about you at this time. Our prayers are always with you.
Love,
Mark and Lorie "Gibbons" Ross
~
Lorie Ross,
Roy, Utah


February 14, 2009
Helen was a great influence on my wife Leianne as a young woman.
Our prayers and thoughts are with all of the family. Her passing is a great loss to us all.
~
Scott and Leianne Buie


February 13, 2009
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.May God bless you and your family in this time of sorrow.
Love Marilee Smuin & family
~
Marilee Smuin,
Roy, Utah


February 13, 2009
Helen, like Helen of Troy, was one of the most beautiful women I have ever known. She was vivacious, a little bit mischievous, fun, loved people, and was an inspiration for many. I hate to think she is gone.
I lived by her in Old Farm, where she lived for years. She was a lovely lady, and will be missed. I think of her with love. Such a smile, such movie star teeth and beauty. She was beautiful within, as well.
A friend, Marianne Buchanan
Draper
~
Marianne Buchanan,
Draper


February 13, 2009
Dear Teresa and Doug,

I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you at this time. I know you will miss your mom. Sometimes I think that we think they are immortal. Though I did not know her she sounds like a wonderful example and she obviously raised a sweet and caring family by the example I see through you, Teresa. Keep those happy memories in your heart.
~
Paula Winter,
Centerville, Utah


February 13, 2009
Dear Family:

Aunt Helen was a wonderful, beautiful and loving lady that will be missed. She raised an awesome family and taught them all Christian values, family ties, and good times. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Let the wonderful memories carry you through.

Love you,

Your Cousin Ginger
Virginia (McCormack) Brannen
~
Ginger Brannen,
Hilton Head, South Carolina


February 13, 2009
My love to each of you and prayers to all. I am there in spirit with you.May God bless you at this time.I passed love letters to Helen from her husband Wickman before they were married. She was a beautiful girl.She truly loved life and will be missed by all. She and Dick will be having a ball.
~
Ruth GUILLORY,
RIDGELAND, South Carolina


February 13, 2009
Hi Family of Helen,

We were on our Mission with Helen and Adrian in Ohio, and spent some good times with them, they were great missionaries, fun friends, we miss them very much. Luena Howell Francom
~
luena Howell Francom,
St. George, Utah

February 12, 2009
The Carruth family offers our condolences to Helen's family. So many years, so many memories, from the Holladay 15th Ward to most recently at Highland Care Center.
~
Sharlene, Beverly, Brent, and Blair,
Salt Lake City, Utah


February 12, 2009
Dear Linda, Kathy, Teresa, Melanie (and families):
This is a great loss in the Shuman Family (on this side of the veil) because Aunt Helen is the one that kept all the Shumans together and conected . . .we will miss her love, laughter, and stories. We are grateful for her four outstanding daughters and the grandchildren to carry on her legacy! Our love and sympathy, Jan Black, Julaine, Jennifer and Janelle
~
Janette Black,
Springville, Utah

February 12, 2009
Thank you Helen, for being a great neighbor and friend for many years. You were a great example to me on living a gospel centered life and raising a great family. love and condolences to that great family at this sad time.
~
Kristine Philips,
Salt Lake City, Utah

February 12, 2009
Dear Teresa,

I want to offer my deepest sympathy on the passing of your mother. She was an amazing lady, always smiling, positive and upbeat as I remember her. I have never forgotten the story of her selling family portrait photos door to door and taking a cooking roast as the deposit payment for the photo shoot. She was a great lady. My best to you, your sisters and extended family.
~
Steven Warner,
West Jordan, Utah


February 12, 2009
Teresa and Family, We have had great times together, happy and sad. We grieve with you for the loss of your mother and share your peace that she is free. Your precious memories of her will bring you great comfort. Thank you for sharing that tender experience with Pres. Monson. We send our love,
~
Janie and Dave Poulson,
Salt Lake, Utah


February 12, 2009
Dear Family of Helen,

My husband, Chalo, and I send our love and memories of Helen. We are in the Study Group that she and Adrian belonged before his death. We still read Helen's Christmas story booklet that she gave to each of us a couple of years ago when we have our annual Christmas party. Both Helen and Adrian are happy memories for all of us!! We're grateful to have known them.
~
Merlyn and Chalo de la Melena,
Salt Lake City, Utah

1 comment:

The Thompson Times said...

Thanks for posting these Teresa. I thought I was done crying about Grandma, but nope. It is neat to see the impact she had on so many. Aren't we the luckiest people to have known her? Lots of love, Marisa