Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grandma's Book


Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. I wanted to give everyone a quick update about Grandma's book. I have been working for the past few months to get her life sketch on paper so that we can all have a copy. I have scoured over countless journal entries and I compiled the first 26 years of her life into a book from My Publisher. Many of you may have heard, but I finished the book and as I was going to upload it onto My Publisher's website, I accidentally unplugged my computer and lost everything. Even the best tech's from My Publisher told me that it was not retrievable. I just about died. I could not stop crying. I did not know how I was going to find the time to recreate it.

But, some good news, Kara spoke with a new tenant in her office building and it just so happens that they focus on digital recovery. She told them about my problem and they were confident that they could help me. I took my computer to them and they were able to recover the entire 100 pages. MIRACLE!!!

I am making some final adjustments and additions to the book and it should be ready soon. I can't tell you what a joy this project has been for me. I have learned so much about our dear grandma and I have marveled at all she overcame in her life. I also loved learning about her siblings. I must say that I feel a closeness to each of them and in so many ways, I have felt them guiding me through this process.

Please email me if you are planning to buy a copy. I am not sure of the cost yet, but My Publisher has offered a 55% off coupon for my heartache. Quite a savings for all of us.



As we approach the year mark of her death, I hope that we will all feel a closeness to her and be inspired by her life, her optimism and determination. She was an incredible woman who left a legacy of faith and joy. I still miss her terribly.

Lots of love,
Alecia

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh alecia i just want to cry, that is so amazing!! i am so happy that it was recovered! can't wait to see it, of course we would love a copy just let us know the cost and we could mail you a check. thank you so much!!!

megan