I am probably the only person who will read this but I think it is therapeutic in some way. You are leaving a huge hole in our family. I can't think of many people who have been so fortunate to have had a grandma who loves to play with her grandkids nonstop. Your house was so full of love and you brought that love whenever you visited us.
I have to admit that I feel awful about not writing or calling more often. A few days ago I sent you a Valentine's day card but what I really should have done was call you also. I miss your laugh and how your eyes light up when you get excited.
I am so grateful to have had the chance to spend your last night in Salt Lake with you. Even though you weren't feeling well and may not remember everything that we did that night it is going to be a cherished memory. I just wish I had known it was going to be my last time seeing you; I wold have hugged you longer and sat and had you pat and hold my hand longer and I would have tried to hear your infectious laugh a few more times.
How grateful I am for the knowledge of eternity and that I will have the opportunity to see you again. In the meantime I am excited for you to sit with your mom and get to know her; to hang out with your brothers and sisters and to connect with old friends and new. I hope you get to look after those who haven't yet come so that my kids will have had a part of you too -they'd be so lucky.
I bought a ton of tweety bird press-on tattoos in your honor. I think I'm going to see if everyone in the family will wear them at your funeral. Hopefully the sight of all of these happy yellow birds around will bring some joy and light to an otherwise sad day.
I love you and am going to miss you. Thank you for being my grandma.
Love,
Kara
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
kara.. what a fun idea. I know gma really loved those tweeties.
ill see you at the farewell
mike
Post a Comment